Based on a book review of : "TaiJi and the Search for the Little Old Chinese Man", by Dr. Ben Judkins, this series delves into aspects of the impact of martial arts from a new perspective.
Dr. Adam Frank is a Martial Artist and started his anthropological research in the parks of China, as a martial arts student, around 1997. His work became his dissertation, and later a literary work that Dr. Ben Judkins describes as :
"The Best Martial Arts Book, You Never Read"
The Promise of Every Martial Arts Teacher: Pt 1
- Get introduced to the work of Dr. Frank
- Ben shares his impression initial impressions of the work
- Meet Dr. Phoebe Chow, an expert in Chinese - British Policy Relations
- A Chinese Man who was denied a Visa to the US, because he didn't meet the percieved idenity of a Martial Artist.
5 Ingredients to a Martial Arts Culture : Pt 2
- The Difference in Elitest Competitions and Martial Arts
- Martial Identity vs Cultural Identity
- Ip Man and Academics
- TuiShou Secrets
Sacred Spaces and Secret Spaces
TaiJi and the Search for the Little Old Chinese Man : Pt 3
If Your Identity is Alive, then it is Moving. There is no better place to research it, than Martial Arts.
Martial Identity Lies Between Including Everyone and Excluding Most Others
TaiJi and the Search for the Little Old Chinese Man : Pt 4
Your Identity will move between these 2 Arcing Poles