Martial Arts for combat requires physical conditioning. That is something you generally see as fighter trains his abs by taking punches as he does sit-ups. Getting the body hard for combat is not new, nor or they mystic.
During Episode 79
- When did the mystic concept of 'directing of Qi' become a part of a plan to protect yourself physically?
- Unearth the stories and Unlock the Literature from the early 1600's and the Ming Dynasty.
- What role did the Shaolin play in this training regiment?
- You will see the when and where esoteric, Tantric Buddhism came into research.
- Then you will learn how the name Iron Cloth, or Iron Shirt actually came about, but what was originally meant.
Mentioned During This Podcast
- Sascha Matuzack : Sinew Classic
- Ben Judkins : KungFu Tea : The Origins of Iron Cloth
- Kungfu Podcast 67 : Qi Cleanup: Illusions Peddled as Martial Arts : KFP 67
- The Red Spear Society : KFP 62
- The Shaolin Monastery: History, Religion, and the Chinese Martial Arts
- Itunes Audiobook Shaolin Monastery: History, Religion, and the Chinese Martial Arts : Itunes Audiobook
Iron Shirt Training : When Did Mysticism Get Injected into Conditioning?