The catalyst for this podcast happened during Iain Abernethy's seminar, where we were worked application's from the Bubishi. It wasn't the first time I had worked with the illustrations, nor the first time I had heard the phrases, however, it was the first time that I knew it as parts of a document called the Bubishi. When we were heading home, I wondered why more Chinese Martial Arts Practitioners didn't use this manuscript.
This multi-part podcast is going to walk you through the Bubishi lineages, make you aware of other documents bearing the same name, excerpts from well respected Martial Artist's such as Iain Abernethy, Jesse Encampe, Paul McCarthy, Andreas Quast, Dr. Ben Judkins and many more.
Pt 1: Finding the Fixed Points on a 3D Martial Map
- Using a US. Army Land Navigation Technique, What Fixed / Semi-Fixed Points can we find?
- Where are we on the map?
Pt 2: The Creator and the Creation
- Andreas Quast excellent chapter
- The circumstances from which the Bubishi came forth.
- Dates and a few critical pieces to the puzzle.
WuBeiZhi : The Chinese Training Manual : Pt.3
During this 3rd episode of the series we are going to look into a newly discovered version of the Bubibshi. Different in a few ways, but similar enough that it is proved to be authentic. Rather than being a copy of previous versions, it looks like this author was sitting in the class with the other students.
4th episode of the WuBeiZhi, Martial Arts Training Manual
We are going to look into :
- Ch 2 Contents and Structure of the Bubishi Illustrated Manual of Acu-points on the Bronze Statue
- The book illustrates all the meridians and the appropriate acu-points
- Ch 3 titled: Revere Heaven, Emulate the Ancestors
- Ch 4 : The Ryukyu House
- Ch 5 : Crane formation
- Introduce Chinese Martial Arts terms : shoufa and kouju, and begin deciphering chinese text
Deciphering The Martial Arts Training Manual Called the WuBeiZhi
In the last episode of the series:
- Pick up on Shoufa and KouJue where the internal and external come together
- Break down one of the Combat Illustrations, as much as I can over audio
- Summarize the 5 episodes.